1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the dry cake mix, apple cider, apple sauce, water, and eggs.
3. Add in cinnamon (1/4 tsp), brown sugar, and vanilla to the cake mix batter.
4. Pour the mixture into a well-greased AND floured bundt pan.
5. Place bundt pan on center rack and bake for 45 minutes. Test with a toothpick by sticking into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean it is ready. 6. Remove from heat and allow to cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
Note: Bundt pan size – The size of your bundt pan is going to matter here folks. I have made this with a 12 cup and a 10 cup. You will need to adjust the cooking times for each size, but they will all work. If you use a larger bundt pan, the cake will not look like it rose, but don’t worry, it still tastes yummy! This is my 10-cup (9.5 inch) pan.
Toppings: I like to serve this cake with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping. It’s the perfect final touch. Then, as a garnish, I like to sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on top or drizzle the cake with warm caramel. It’s so yummy! But of course, you have to serve it with a cold glass of fresh apple cider!
Gluten-Free: I had a couple of amazing readers adapt the recipe to make it gluten-free (Thank you, Marjorie & Sandy). Here are two tried and testing options:
– Substitute Bob’s Red Mill 1 for 1 Gluten-Free flour + 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum.
– Used a GF yellow cake mix (Sandy used liveGfree from Aldis.) Followed my directions with one exception – she omitted 1/4 cup water. (passed the husband test!)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (439g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 271 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.1g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.4g||47 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.1g|
|Cholesterol 1269mg||390 %|
|Sodium 432.4mg||15 %|
|Potassium 575.2mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 79.3g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.4g||34 %|
|Sugars, other 70.9g|
|Protein 38.5g||55 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 729
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!