(Taken from Fast & Festive Meals for the Jewish Holidays by Marlene Sorosky)
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch casserole.
(2) Cook noodles for a couple minutes less than package-directions (until barely tender). Drain and return to saucepan. Add melted margarine and applesauce, and toss to coat.
(2) In a medium bowl, whisk whole eggs, whites, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until blended. Stir into noodles with raisins and apples. Mix well.
(3) Pour mixture into casserole, spread evenly. Spray a sheet of foil with nonstick spray and place on top of noodles. (Unbaked kugel can be refrigerated overnight)
(4) To bake: Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 45 min. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees. Remove foil, spray top with nonstick spray, and bake for 20 more min or until lightly golden. Let sit at least 15 min before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (166g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 55 (19%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.1g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 43.6mg||13 %|
|Sodium 88.6mg||3 %|
|Potassium 282.8mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 52.1g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 49g|
|Protein 7.7g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 287
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.