Try this Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Working in two batches, toss the chicken pieces in cornstarch and then coat with the egg. Heat the oil over medium-high heat and again in two batches, brown the chicken, turning it so that all sides are browned.
4. Place the chicken in a single layer in a 9x13 baking dish.
5. Whisk together the sauce ingredients sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder in a small bowl and pour evenly over the chicken. Turn the chicken to ensure each piece is coated.
6. Bake for 1 hour, turning the chicken every 15 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (135g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 124 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.8g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 10655.6mg||367 %|
|Potassium 372.6mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.1g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 20.9g|
|Protein 2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 215
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.