This is just a beast of a pizza. Thick, meaty, cheesy, just a wonderful filling slice of Heaven! I suggest using 2 Pilsbury pizza dough and combine them together, or any large pizza dough, fresh, that you can stretch out to medium size to keep the base thick enough to hold the toppings.
1. The dough for this pizza is not important, however what is important is if you use a pre-packaged dough, do not roll out, knead it back into form, punch it out and stretch and shape into a round or square pizza about double the thickness of a normal pie. ANOTHER OPTION is to use 2 pre-packed pizza dough and roll out one on top of the other, then use a rolling pin and mesh them together. ONE large pizza dough (frozen or fresh) will make a medium pie. This is extremely thick, so you need to have a base. Will make about 6 slices enough for 3
2. Preheat oven to 400°F
3. Heat oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add beef and sausage, saute until browned, about 5-6 minutes, remove from heat and drain.
4. Roll out dough onto pizza round or cookie sheet. DO NOT GREASE. Bake for 4 minutes then remove from oven
5. Using a large spoon or ladle, evenly spread sauce over the entire pie.
6. Then add the drained sausage/beef mixture, and 3/4 each of the bacon, ham, pepperoni and spread evenly across the pie
7. Add 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, spread evenly across the pie.
8. Sprinkle with garlic (or minced garlic), parsley, oregano, and red pepper flake. Then add remaining 1/4 reserved pepperoni, bacon, and ham, top with remaining mozzarella cheese
9. sprinkle pie with Romano cheese and bake for 12-17 minutes until crust is a golden brown. Remove from oven, and let cool for 3-4 minutes before slicing.
10. Slice into 6 pieces and serve 2 slice per serving. Serve with extra hot pepper flakes and Romano cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (632g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1059 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 117.7g||157 %|
|Saturated Fat 49.2g||246 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 38.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.6g|
|Cholesterol 349.6mg||108 %|
|Sodium 3826.7mg||132 %|
|Potassium 853.9mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 122.9g||36 %|
|Dietary Fiber 24.7g||99 %|
|Sugars, other 98.2g|
|Protein 113.4g||162 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1972
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!