1. Roast fresh cardamon pods, and seeds at low temperature in a heavy bottomed pan (cast iron is great) for about 3 minutes each. Be sure they do not burn. Move pan around if necesarry. Discard any burnt seeds or pods.
2. Grind each spice in a dedicated coffee grinder and then measure out amount specified. Store any excess in airtight glass containers and label clearly! (you might THINK you will remember which is which later, but.....)
3. Mix up all spices by hand in a bowl and bottle in airtight glass containers and label.
4. Store in a cool place out of direct sunlight.
5. This masala is not very hot. If you like it hotter experiment with adding more chili peppers.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2g)|
|Recipe Makes: 40|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.4g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2.4mg||0 %|
|Potassium 36.2mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.3g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 0.7g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 8
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.