Nothing made in the kitchen is as effortlessly comforting as our easy Chicken In a Pot. This hearty and wholesome weeknight wonder will perk up your palate and bring warmth to your winter bones.
Preheat oven to 450°F.
1. Over medium-high heat, swirl 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil around in the Dutch oven until melted and beginning to sizzle. Add the onions and garlic, and saute until fragrant. Working in batches, if need be, add the lemons, potatoes, carrots, and celery, and saute until brown on all sides. Season generously with salt and pepper. Transfer the vegetables to a platter briefly.
2. With the heat still on medium-high, swirl remaining butter and oil in the pot. Add chicken and brown on all sides, salting and peppering as desired.
3. Tuck the reserved vegetables and fresh herbs around the bird.
4. Pour chicken broth and white wine over everything.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine flour and just enough hot water to get a malleable ball of dough. On a dusted work surface, roll the dough into a long, sausage-shaped cylinder. Press the dough around the rim of the Dutch oven and press the lid down firmly to seal the pot.
6. Bake for 1 hour. Break the dough seal around lid and serve.
This recipe is infinitely adaptable. Feel free to adjust herbs to taste and swap out the vegetables to suit specific preferences.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (866g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 700 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 77.8g||104 %|
|Saturated Fat 24g||120 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 32.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 15.1g|
|Cholesterol 341.7mg||105 %|
|Sodium 950.1mg||33 %|
|Potassium 1842.7mg||48 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 72.3g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.9g||32 %|
|Sugars, other 64.5g|
|Protein 89g||127 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1359
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.